Friday, January 4, 2008

Dream a little thin dream of me....

There's no way I can pretend this all happened by diet alone.

I had to get my mind right. Saying "I need to lose weight." told myself exactly that--that I was fat. And, fat I remained as long as I took that attitude.

The Bible says that the tongue has the power of life and death. (Proverbs 18:21) It wasn't until I harnessed the power of my tongue that I became fertile for the change enabled through weight loss.

I started a private journal many months ago where I wrote descriptive paragraphs about how my appearance was changing. As I wrote, I put my mind into the experience of feeling slim, looking slim and the sense of well-being I would gain by making a transformation. (Shucks, I tried to post a picture of a page, but it turned out all blurry.)

I wrote about how if I could lose weight, I could do anything.

I wrote about wearing a size six, wearing a certain type of top to go with a certain type of pants.

I wrote about walking long ways with my dog and feeling the power of change.

I wrote about being successful at my endeavors. I did it daily.

I prayed while I wrote and I wrote while I prayed to God to give me the wisdom and strength of the power of a positive tongue and words.

The more I wrote, the more my subconscious mind took over and I was empowered to eat less, seek support through forums and to find healthy solutions to change my life.

That was last February (2/07). I joined an email support group of individuals who also needed to lose. My journaling and dreaming slipped off as I began to write some of these things to them. My last entry into my journal is in October of 2007. By that time I had a powerful momentum built up and was full steam ahead in positive thinking, positive writing and posting images of myself. And, then there was this blog where I began to share things I thought would (1) help others and (2) continue to enhance my own experience.

Through it all there were two keys:
-Constant thinking about success and
-Positive imaging through words of how I would look at the end of my journey.

If reducing your weight has not been a successful endeavor for you, I would encourage you to stop thinking about dieting and start thinking about how you will look when you are thin.

Experience it through taking time to dream and express what successful weight loss will mean to you.

So far I have lost a solid fifty pounds. Possibly more. Once I instilled an image in my mind of where I was going, there was no stopping me. It took several months of weight reduction behaviors to see results in my clothing size and in the mirror. I am short and the weight loss was very slow.

Somewhere around the ninth month I began to see the success I had desired. I never stopped my thinking, healthy choosing and knowing that soon enough the difference would unfold.

If you can't get yourself into eating less or eating better right now, start dreaming...dream and dream and dream about being slim, healthy and energetic.

Tell yourself "I am going to be so healthy next year at this time. I am getting healthier by the day."

Say, "I will wear white shorts with a red top that shows my arms--they look great! I will have tanned legs, I will have bright red toenail polish on my toenails and enjoy wearing a size eight."

Feel it, feel it, it while you are writing.

Say, "I am so empowered by using my words to reach the success I wholeheartedly desire." (And feel it. Say it out loud.)

Say, "If I can lose weight, I can do anything I want to do." (And feel it.)

Dreaming is a process that you develop. If you are overweight, your dreams may have all gotten lost in the Zinger wrappers and ice cream cartons tossed in the garbage. Mine did. Make new dreams and write them down.

Do it daily. Protect your journaling and dreaming time. Soak it up. Follow the subtle hints of your mind when you dream. You'll find yourself rejecting improper food mentally...act on it. Reject it. Let your dreams send you to purchase an Atkins book, or to join Weight Watchers. Let your dreams motivate you to purchase exercise memberships...or just a pair of good shoes to walk in every day.

I'm dreaming a dream right now...that these words will empower you to be who you want to be.

Write, write and dream, dream. Feel the feelings of a thinner you...until you are on your way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A powerful message & a powerful testimony.

Congratulations & best wishes from your fans at Yucky's Sleep Deprivation Clinic

bal.bloge.r said...

a very good powerfull blog of mind power thank u.. i will be trying this if i can get the pinch of victory then it credits u..

Anonymous said...

congrats on your visualization of the smaller you becoming a smaller you.