Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dream and be thin...

I know people think I am crazy for saying that you can dream your way to being thin.

However, I challenge anyone who desires to make a significant change in their life to make a real, daily, long-lasting effort at dreaming of what you desire and see if it doesn't have some positive influence on your life.

How to do it.

Here is the short version:

Determine to spend ten to thirty minutes for each and every day for a span of 60 days with "thin" in your mind.

Here is the longer version:

Sit down in front of your computer at the same time every day and open a document you can type paragraphs into. I prefer MS Word, but there is a free word processing program located at StarOffice.

Type the date. Aw heck, I'll just show you how to do it.

January 15, 2008
I'm just waking up and it's time to face the day. Before my feet hit the floor I like to consider what I'll be wearing to work. I am going to choose the black linen suit today. It The jacket has three quarter length sleeves and the pants zip on the side. The zipper slides up effortlessly when I put it on.

Underneath the jacket I will wear a raw silk creamy pink sleeveless scoop neck top. It zips on the side. I feel pleased because my arms look nice before I put on the jacket. I can see the slacks and matching jacket both have tags in them which say "Talbot's" and beneath that is a little red number six. I'll put on a pair of pantihose which are fresh out of the wrapper. Hanes. Size A. I see the size written on the package. The hose are black. I feel extremely happy because I know these will glide on with little or no effort. I am so empowered by the feeling of control over my body. I have made healthy choices minute by minute, hour by hour to create the new me.

I will wear my favorite leather black pumps. The ones that show "toe cleavage".

My hair is in a shorter, stylish cut. Now that I am thin my face it angular and any style looks good on me.

I don't feel my age, I feel energetic and younger. I can't wait to get up and get dressed. Today will be a wonderful day!

Being thin makes me feel empowered, it makes me tingle with energy. It gives me a feeling of "everything I want is possible."

=======

Another day I might dream about wearing shorts for the first time in years. Another day I might dream about doing things that I normally wouldn't because the effort was just too much with all the extra weight. Another dream might be about being involved in an athletic activity.

Don't laugh at this dreaming technique until you've done it with a full-hearted effort for 60 days. You will find yourself seeking ways to do little things to change your health and weight.

Beware. Once you begin to dream you will find yourself pushing your own limits to reach the goals you desire!

A parting thought. If you are overweight, you might have lost your dreams in the folds of your XXXL wardrobe...depression might have robbed you of your willingness to dream. Whatever the case, take back the power of dreaming about what you desire. A dream costs nothing. If you can make yourself dream of the change you desire you will slowly build the kind of mental muscles you need to redesign your eating. Making time to dream will not come easily...but if you can make yourself into a dreamer by changing the habit of being a non-dreamer into being a dreamer you are exercising the mental muscles which will create willpower and better decision making.

Try it...for 60 days...write it, think it...love the feelings you enjoy while you are dreaming and then slowly create methods to change into what you dream about.

Oh yeah...one more thing...have a lot of love for yourself while you dream...don't put yourself down, build yourself up and cheer yourself on.

Take good care of yourself in your dreams...pretty soon you'll start living the love...and things will change for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very good advice. I love the idea. I'm gonna try it. Thanks
Susan