Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kimmer's Words Are Potent

What has amazed me about the Kimmer affair is my own experience of it. I am a level-headed thinking person. I had 80 lbs. to lose (half way there, hooray!) when I started my weight loss journey. I was at around 30 lbs. down when I read Kimmer's words. I read them and took them to heart because it was what I wanted to hear and needed to hear. I gave them a lot of importance, however, I quickly realized upon further research that I didn't want all the bad side effects that come with her dangerous way of eating.

But, I thought, "Hey, it worked for this woman..." and then I dismissed it, but not really. Many days since then, even after the exposure of Kimmer on Slamboard--her pictures, I mean--I still find myself mentally fussing at myself over letting my calorie intake rise above 1,000. I still find myself avoiding water and opting for Diet Cokes because that was the Kimmer way. I still hear the words of Kimmer in my head that I don't need to exercise. Even though I know that all this is poppycock, I still heard those words of hers and internalized them because I wanted to hear what she said, and I wanted to believe it.

Kimmer's words are dangerous because they offer exactly what an obese person needs to hear and they are leading people into a dangerous way of eating which may affect their life forever.

When a person is receptive to what is being said and when they need the message badly enough they will pay for it, the words become extremely powerful. Even to the point that the words will continue to work inside their thinking when the source has been exposed as a fraud.

Kimmer is just like any cult leader who has found a target of people beat down and weakened by a condition which they desperately desire to rise above.

I have a dear friend who is eating like Kimmer recommended in her more stringent diets. She's a member of that site. She has seen the Kimmer exposure blogs, and yet she finds reason to continue to believe in Kimmer's way of eating because she has lost 30 pounds since the end of July. She needs to lose at least 100 more. I worry that her health will be destroyed and that her metabolism will shatter into nothing. The diet is working for her, but at what cost?

The song of a siren like Kimmer is potent. That's why it is important to continue to expose her unhealthy way of eating and her fraudulent weight loss through beating her on the medium she has chosen. They way to do that is to make our blogs more powerful than hers. Help stop Kimmer's poisonous infection of the internet. Set up a blog and write your thoughts. Here are two free sites to select from where you can house your very own blog for free.

Blogger.com
Wordpress.com

Set one up. Write your thoughts and let me know you have one to add to this list. I'll make sure yours also gets published in my blog. Kimkins Exposed is doing a wonderful job of publishing links to blogs as well. Be sure to visit that blog and let the author know about yours.


Kimkins Exposed
Anti-Kimkins
Becky: Winning Weight
Christin: The Journey
Deni: Open Bench
Free Kimkins Free
Jimmy Moore’s Apology
Kimkins @ Slamboard
Kimkins Controversy
Kimkins Dangers
Kimkins Sucks!
Kimkins Survivors
Kimorexia
Kkatastrophediet’s Weblog
TRUTH Starts Here
3 Fat Chicks: Anatomy of a Diet Scam
About.com Inside Kimkins
A Pinch Of…
How Jeanessa Got Scammed
How Much Body Fat Can You Really Lose In A Week?
Jersey Girl: Thoughts on Kimkins
Kimkins Circus
Kimkins Controversy Continues to Boil
Kimkins Debacle; Super Smart Diet Tips
Kimkins Experience Part 1
Kimkins Experience Part 2
Kimkins Saga Revisited
Kimkins Survivors
Mama Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Anorexic
Tami’s Change in Game Plan
The Problem with Kimkins
Thin at Any Cost
A Running Jewel
Kimkins Circus
The Quack of Doom: Entering the circus for the first time?
Once Upon A Diet
Someone in Southern California may need an attorney soon
The Final Escape
melting mama: Kimkins Scam.
Have you ever screamed so loud that the room echoed? « Incredible Shrinking Ladies
Inside the Kimkins Controversy
A Dumbbell In A Home Gym: Kimkins: Caveat Freakin’ Emptor.
Heard of the Kimkins Diet? Steer Clear it’s a total scam!
Vickie’s Voice: …more of my story…
The Road to Clarity and Transformation: The Kimmer (Kimkins) Controversy and a Parallel Universe
Banished…oh Fo’ Shame. not.
a mother’s heart » the kimkins debacle
Vilma’s World » Kimkins on Dateline & other complaints
Because I Said So: KimKims Survivors
Hundred Day Head Start Kimkins a fraud
Healthy Low-Carb Living Blog: Kimkins - How I Feel About It Now
Back Across The Line: Kimkins Cult Mentality
Good Carbma: Words for Heidi Diaz
Living Low Carb & Lovin’ It!: What an Amazing Day This Has Been!
Borat Does Kimkins: Hello From Borat!
Medusa
Kimkins Nightmares
stepping up to the plate « 2big4mysize’s Weblog
mariasol
Kimkins Scam
Willa’s Notebook
Doggy Girl’s Weblog
All About Kimkins & More
Itscloudyinhere’s Weblog
Psychic Rations: The Slimmer Kimmer That Wasn’t
Beware: Kimkins Diet is Dangerous!!: Just Say NO
Kimkins Lies
Sparkly and (soon to be) Skinny!: A new safe haven
Stop Kimkins Now!: Stop Kimkins Now!
Kimkins Soap Opera Story - AnthaBeth’s blog
Kristine’s Low Carb Corner
Stop Kimkins Now!
HoneyBee’s Blog
Brad Johnson Says ‘Start a

3 comments:

Amy Dungan said...

I've just added the latest health scares regarding this diet on my blog. You already have one link up for me, but here's the latest in case you'd like to see it:
http://lovinglowcarblife.blogspot.com/2007/09/you-dont-have-to-suffer-alone.html

Anonymous said...

Willa, thank you. Thank you for blessing others with your words of love and healing. You are making such a difference to so many.

~Kimkins Survivors

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work exposing Kimmer. Good work on your weight loss the HEALTHY way. :)