Saturday, September 22, 2007

Company is Coming!

Holy low carb guacamole! Red alert! What strikes fear into the heart of a fat clutter bug?

That simple phrase: "Company is coming!" Oh gracious...when I was at 206 pounds that would have frazzled me out of my mind. However, having lost 40 pounds over the past ten months has given me a sense of greater control and confidence. And, I am not nearly as lazy about doing things without having to carry around the equivalent of four ten pound bags of potatos, or eight five pound bags of sugar.

At 166 pounds I can do all I need to do and still have energy to get to church in the morning, iron clothes and grocery shop for low carb food to keep me steady on more weight loss...until I reach a petite 130ish pad around my small frame.

Enough about me...now let's talk about me. Next weekend there will be guests at my house. Since I don't usually feel like doing much during the week after work I wanted to get the heavy stuff done this weekend.


I cleaned my living room and kitchen like a banshee last night. Looks nice enough...everything's all shiny. I'll just need to keep up with it and run the broom and dusting cloth Friday morning.


Oh, but Lordy, my goodness. They'll be sleeping in my bedroom...and that means they'll be using the master bathroom...and that means if I don't make a concentrated effort to put things right in there...without a doubt they will question my sanity and their safety.


If there's anything interesting to report about this day's challenge I will drag my laptop into my bedroom and during the sorting of the massive shoe pile and the demolition and overhaul of the contents of the shelves in my cave I will report in.


This could be a really painful day's activities...two bathrooms and a bedroom to go...but I can do this. Referring back to a previous entry about my usual mode of operation, last year when I was not working on my fat problem, when the going got tough on de-cluttering and housecleaning, this little dumpling was going to the kitchen for Blue Bell Ice Cream scooped generously on a pair of Vanilla Zingers.

Hmmm...before I tackle that chore, I think I need to put on my makeup and get dressed. Somehow...just like ancient warriors put on facepaint and breastplates to attack the enemy and conquer, I find that an underwire bra, Lancome Mascara and bright red lipstick always empower me and gives me an edge on the "enemy" be it clutter or avoiding fat-making behavior.

Okay...no more writing for awhile.

Just do it.

No comments: